Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stuck with problem : How to connect RS-232 to Laptop serial port connector (I guess, DB-15)

Now a days, I am moving in with my studies and taking all supportive majors to make it work. Today was a bit good but not so great day. Not much study, not more than 1 hour but bought my electronic kit box from store room in my room.
While studying Control System Engineering today, I thought why not re-freshen programing skills on microcontroler.  I opened it and decided to use ATMEGA 8535 on AVR Development Board from VEGAKITS, Mumbai. As soon as I opened it, I am stuck. I used to program it earlier from my desktop, which had a DB-9 connector on the CPU, but on laptop, we dont have any DB-9 connector. So first of all, before deciding of any project, I need to sort out the problem which states that how can I connect RS-232 i/o pins to Laptop serial port complex connector (i think that connector is known as DB-15, not confirm though)

Then there is one more thing I am little conscious and worried about. I think I forgot all the basics of Interrupt and delays which are essential for programming a microcontroller. :( I am just not able to recall anything about it. Still all I can think of for recalling is www.avrfreaks.net forum. But seems like in last 2 years this forum is moved too much fast and there are only PRO designers. Meanwhile I found CodeVision complier along with its manual. So for now I have my GATE subjects to read and this manual plus ATMEGA 8535 datasheet to read and understand.
Then I think, I will need to refer microcontrollers basic books for interrupts and timers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for the comment, checkout the reply on your comment after 24 hours and kindly follow the blog for further updates by entering your email id in the box on upper right side of the blog HomePage