Saturday, October 22, 2011

Grrr..!! Now this is too much..

Right now, my blood pressure can break the mercury tube in the BP measuring apparatus. :X I am completely angry. 
When I decided to start making little projects on regular basis just to keep my electronics practical concept clear, I looked towards the AVR development kit from VEGAROBOKITS, Mumbai. Then I realized I dont have necessary software for programming. So I found them from my CD/DVD collection (let me tell you that was an too tiring to look a electronic software DVD from a collection of movies CD/DVD). Thats OK. I found all the software and manuals to read and everything. And also I got the DB9 pin to connect the KIT with computer. All were going good then suddenly I realized that I will need a power supply (I wasn't worried about it because I had a 9 V DC source) but when I looked out in the manuals, I was stunned. The KIT needs 12 V source. (And next thing was the dumbest thing for me to think) So I called my one of the friend and told him to get a 0-12 V transformer and even got it next day. But "AVR development kit" is a dc circuit and if I simply use a adapter (which are available in local market) that will work perfectly fine. :P So I got everything going and just need to final connections and then BOOOM. My multimeter is not working. No display on switching it ON. I opened it up and took out the battery and then fuse. FUSE was blown. I knew from my teachers in college that multimeter needs specific fuse and battery otherwise it may harm the circuit. So I checked for the specification for the fuse and unfortunately I found it. Specification for FUSE are 250mA, 250V :(. Now where will I find the fuse in local market. I hope FUSE used inside TV are the same which I need. 
Seems like it wil take a week or so to download the first program in the kit. :( This is disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for the comment, checkout the reply on your comment after 24 hours and kindly follow the blog for further updates by entering your email id in the box on upper right side of the blog HomePage