Last 50 days to do and if you are still struggling with the preparation procedure, then do you think, it is a big reason to worry. Ofcourse not.! First of all, to all the aspirants, who want to qualify in GATE, you must know what GATE is all about.
GATE question paper mainly contains around 80 marks of basic question which can be solved using "conceptual + some formula". If you still start reading and doing some practicing, you will definately going to get some huge amount of benefits. All you need is to keep yourself motivated, inspired and force yourself to move and study for 6-7 hours per day or even more.
If you just want to qualify in GATE then don't run behind all subjects. Select 4 subjects + maths and study them, practice them. For ECE, I will suggest to take the following subjects :
1) Mathematics (after all 15 marks depends on it)
2) Networks (one of the basic subject and can help in many other)
3) Signals and Systems (Laplace and Fourier contains ready made formula list, all you have to do is mug-up)
4) Control System (System stability has prime importance, And for that you should know Routh Array, Bode and Nyquist. These topics are not tough at all but initially will consume some time to get in flow, and one more small topic "Steady state error")
5) Electromagnetic / Other - (Electromagnetic's syllabus is very short, and many question upto 7 marks can be seen from this topic. If you have patience then do prepare this subject. Many of us finds this subject very difficult, but its worth reading for 5 - 7 marks)
And remember General Apptitude is still a plus for all, coz of us have already prepared for PLACEMENTS.
You can even analyse your branch (except ECE) subjects and select 4 subjects & a Maths.
Now, for me, do one exercise, open up any GATE previous paper and try to calculate how many marks you could get if you study this way (with minimum 70% accuracy, mean if you getting 63.3 marks then multiply by 0.7 factor to get rough accuracy limit). Still its not bad isn't it, if you just want to qualify the GATE.
Do not confuse yourselves with GATE game, just do some study and keep moving, keep your mind relax from external factors, avoid FACEBOOK, ORKUT, TWITTER for 50 days (and its worth if you clear GATE) Just surf internet about GATE and thats it.
Look guys, its our mind who is going to play a vital role in GATE preparation and examination, so its our duty to not disturbe it. Be COOL, Be ReLaX and study. If you want to can watch a movie of 2 hours daily and even take 2 hours noon nap daily still you will have 6-7 hours in hand (for those who preparing for GATE through home or coaching classes). THINK OVER IT. All THe BeS